This project, Expert System on Avian and Fever Diagnosis, is a software system tailored for use in the Diagnosis of Avian Fever Diseases. The software is an expert system with a database containing an expert knowledge. The user only uses it to determine whether he or she has any of the diseases within its domain and also Present expert system uses inference rules and plays an important role that will provide certain methods of diagnosis for treatment. The software has been designed to be interactive with audio capability eliciting from the user if they have symptoms of the diseases. The user response helps the expert system to determine the level at which the disease is present. The user is further advised on what next to do. This software is implemented in visual C# programming environment, due to its appropriateness and user-friendliness.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title Page i
Certification Page ii
Approval Page iii
Table of Contents vii
List of Figures ix
List of Tables x
CHAPTER 1: Introduction 1
1.0 Introduction 1
1.1 Statement of the Problem 2
1.2 Objectives 3
1.3 Significance of the study 3
CHAPTER 2: Literature Review 4
2.0 Introduction 4
2.lTheoretical Background 4
2.1.1 Rule —Based Systems 4
2.1.2 Knowledge -Based Systems 5
2.1.3 Neural Networks 5
2.1.4 Fuzzy Expert Systems 6
2.2 Review of Related Literature 7
2.2.1 System Architecture and their Application 7
2.2.2 Intelligent Agents and their Application 7
2.2.3 Ontology and their Application 7
2.2.4 Database Methodology . 8
2.2.5 Discussions Based on the Methodology 8
2.2.6 Knowledge Acquisition 9
2.2.7 Knowledge Representation 9
2.3 Summary 10
CHAPTER 3: System Analysis and Design 12
3.0 Introduction 12
3.1 Description of the existing system 14
3.2 Analysis of the proposed system 15
3.3 Design of the proposed system 17
3.4 Database Design 19
CHAPTER 4: System Implementation 22
4.0 Introduction 22
4.1 Choice of Development Environment 22
4.2 Implementation Architecture 24
4.3 Software Testing 25
4.4 Documentation 27
4.4.1 User Manual 27
4.4.2 Soft code Listing 28
CHAPTER 5: Summary, Conclusion, Recommendations 29
5.0 Summary 29
5.1 Conclusion 29
5.2 Recommendation 30
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig 3.1: Showing the Structure of Water Fall Model 13
Fig. 3.2: Showing of Flow Diagram of the proposed system 16
Fig. 3.3: Showing Adoptive Medical Diagnosis system using Expert System 18
Fig. 4.1: Showing Screenshot of C# IDE 23
Fig. 4.2: Showing Implementation Architecture 24
Fig. 4.3: Showing Screenshot of Login Page 25
Fig. 4.4: Showing Screenshot of Welcome Page 26
Fig. 4.5: Showing Screenshot of the data entry process 27
LIST OF TABLES
Table 3.1: Showing Users of Database 20
Table 3.2: Showing Summary of the date Entry process 20
Table 3.3: Showing Expert date set.xsd 21
Detecting diseases at early stage can help to overcome and treat them appropriately. Identifying the treatment accurately depends on the method that is used in diagnosing the diseases. A Diagnosis Expert System (DExS) can help a great deal in identifying those diseases and describing methods of treatment to be carried out taking into account the user capability in order to deal and interact with expert system easily and clearly. Present expert system uses inference rules and plays an important role that will provide certain methods of diagnosis for treatment.
Computer-based methods are increasingly used to improve the quality of medical services. Artificial Intelligence (Al) is the area of computer science focusing on, creating expert machines that can engage on behaviors that humans consider intelligent. The proposed system DExS is for dealing with the problem of a disease diagnosis as an’ expert system.
An expert system is a system that employs human knowledge captured in a computer to solve problems that ordinarily require human expertise. Expert system seeks and utilizes relevant information from their human users and from available knowledge bases in order to make recommendations. The data and knowledge of’ DExS are collected from different sources. The first primary source is the medical knowledge of expert doctors. The second source is from specialized databases, books and a few electronic websites.
On the other hand Avian Fever also called Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that can also infect humans and other animals. Most forms of the virus are restricted to birds. Currently, the virus isn’t known to spread via human-tohuman contact. Still, some experts’ worry that H5N1 may pose a risk of becoming a pandemic threat to humans.
One may have H5N1 if you experience typical flu-like symptoms such as:
- Fever (over 100.4°F)
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Statement of the Problem
- It is well known that developing countries like Nigeria are facing a lot of shortage of medical expertise in medical science. Due to this, they are unable to provide good medical services to the teaming population. Patients also have to stay in long queues for medical attention.
- Improper or wrong diagnosis has been known to be the bane of our hospitals. This has led to the, death of large number of people.
- Health care facility should be accessible by all at all times. But some of the people that should access these facilities are far removed from these facilities. More so, in the few available facilities, qualified medical personnel are always key issues that need urgent redress.
- In view of the foregoing, it would be of great necessity to provide a computerized system that will provide a complementary medical service, such as medical disease diagnosis in places where accessibility is a problem as well as health care facilities where qualified experts are lacking.
1.2 Objectives of the Study
- The major objective of this work is to develop an expert system on diagnosis of communicable diseases. It also targets towards contributing to academic research work.
- It is also to ascertain whether the diseases could be diagnosed based on signs and symptoms.
- It will also examine a patient based on simple clinical signs, and to improve family and community health.
- Also, because human disease diagnosis is a complicated process and requires high level of expertise. Any attempt of developing an expert system will eliminate the problems of wrong medical diagnosis.
1.3 Significance of the Study
- It will help to retain the skill of an expert medical doctor in case of any eventuality.
- It can support academic development.
- It can be useful in many hospitals, both private and government, cases where the expert is not on seat.
- It can also be used in the laboratory for quick research work.
DISCLAIMER: All project works, files and documents posted on this website, UniProjectTopics.com are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and some of the works may be crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a reference/citation/guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own study. UniProjectTopics.com is a repository of research works where works are uploaded for research guidance. Our aim of providing this work is to help you eradicate the stress of going from one school library to another in search of research materials. This is a legal service because all tertiary institutions permit their students to read previous works, projects, books, articles, journals or papers while developing their own works. This is where the need for literature review comes in. “What a good artist understands is that nothing comes from nowhere. All creative work builds on what came before. Nothing is completely original.” - Austin Kleon. The paid subscription on UniProjectTopics.com is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here by any means, and you want it to be removed/credited, please contact us with the web address link to the work. We will reply to and honour every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 – 48 hours to process your request.